Howdy, howdy! As I write this, it’s Valentine’s day. I’m not going to go into some rant about how it’s all just some corporate holiday thought up by “Big Chocolate” and the greeting card companies, because it’s not (and even if it is, who cares?). I think it’s nice to have a day set aside to celebrate love. Yeah, we should express our love every other day of the year as well, I know, but there’s nothing wrong with going a little above and beyond one day if you want to. By all means, send someone a candygram. Give someone that gaudy pink heart card. Have fun with it. Or, if you’re like me, use the day as an excuse to eat more chocolate than usual and show yourself a little love (on a second read-through of this, I must say I wasn’t being perverted, but I can totally understand if that’s where your mind went). So, for this week’s post, I think I’m going to give you a list of my top five favorite chocolates (in no particular order), then go watch Netflix on this love-filled day.
1. Ghirardelli squares. This one is a little unfair, because it’s a broad category. I can’t pick just one flavor. I’m the kind who likes to pick up a few different bags (read: who likes it when Dad surprises me with a few different bags) and mix things up a little bit. Though, I will say that you can never go wrong with milk chocolate caramel or dark chocolate raspberry.
2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I fully admit that I’m not usually into peanuts in my chocolate (whether it’s M&Ms or Snickers or whatever). It’s just not my favorite combination in the world. But I totally love peanut butter with chocolate. I don’t know why. It even extends into sundaes. I don’t like crushed peanuts, but peanut butter sauce is amazing. I’m just a weird person, I guess.
3. Kit Kats. Actually, I like pretty much anything that adds crispiness to chocolate. This includes Crunch bars and Krackles. But Kit Kats are still higher up on my list than those two. Their crunch to chocolate ratio is the best.
4. 100 Grand Bar. This particular candy bar takes my love of chocolate coated crunchies and adds caramel. You can’t go wrong with caramel and chocolate. Rolos and Caramellos prove that point, but 100 Grand Bars up the ante with the addition of crisped rice. What’s not to love?
5. A regular old Hershey’s milk chocolate bar. Sometimes, you just want regular chocolate. Sure, the fancy stuff is delicious and the other stuff is satisfying in its own way, but Hershey’s is the taste of childhood and nostalgia. It’s a special kind of treat. There’s nothing wrong with savoring a piece or two every now and then.
So, even though this is a day late, I hope your Valentine’s day was filled with love! What is your favorite chocolate? Not a fan of chocolate? What do you treat yourself with? Leave a comment here or on my social media pages with a response. I’m off to spend the evening watching Netflix and TV!
See you next week!