Howdy, howdy! It’s been kind of rainy and dreary here the last couple of days, which always makes me feel sleepy and blah. Productivity is the last thing I want to achieve. So, even though I’ve been adulting and all that good stuff, I’ve also been super lazy. That’s not going to change today! Instead of coming up with some random topic related to writing and rambling about that, I thought I would just give you a list of my five favorite ways to relax on rainy days. It’s all stuff you’ve seen before if you follow my blog regularly. Otherwise, enjoy reading about my laziness.
1. Netflix/TV binge-watching. This can be done solo or with Dad, depending on his level of productivity on a rainy day. Sometimes, we catch up on all the stuff we’ve recorded. Other times, we pick random movies or whatever on Netflix and watch them. If I’m on my own, I watch stuff Dad would have no interest in or I rewatch old shows (still usually stuff he has no interest in). The only bad part about binge-watching is that by the time it’s 11 at night, it feels like you’ve done nothing all day. Which you haven’t, but still. Where’d the day go?
2. Mindless games. Yes, I still play mindless games. They’re a decent way to waste time, but I do get bored after a while. It’s like I start playing and by the time I run out of lives, I’m sure it’s almost time for bed, but it’s only been like ten minutes. I guess I should start playing some new games that I’m not bored with yet. The only problem with that is that I don’t want to fall down the “new game” rabbit hole and get lost. Maybe I’m just super lazy, even too lazy for games.
3. Reading. I’ve been reading a lot for the book group and to review on here, but I haven’t really read anything lately just because. Because I want to. Because it’s fun. Because I thought the cover was pretty and bought it. Rainy days remind me that I have books I wanted to read before I started reading everything I was told I should read. They’re the kind of days that remind there are things I want to re-read. And it’s totally okay to read or re-read things for fun. I need to remember that on normal days as well.
4. Music videos/eye candy. I haven’t sat around watching random music videos in a really long time (like so long I forgot certain bands existed). It’s one of those things I always say I’m going to do, but life gets in the way. Rainy days are a good chance to catch up on old bands’ newer music and looks (because visual kei is awesome, or it used to be. I don’t really know anymore). I should make time for that.
5. Anime/manga. No, it’s not the same as Netflix and reading. It’s its own thing and I’ve been slacking on it. I haven’t read any manga in about a year. And I don’t watch anime as much as I want because I always save it for after I’m productive, then I don’t have time for it. Rainy days when Dad is doing his own thing are the perfect time to catch up on anime at least.
What are your favorite things to do on rainy days? Are you a napper or do you like to catch up on fun things? Perhaps you’re more productive on gray days. Feel free to share your own list, comments, or questions here or on my social media pages!