Hello, hello! How is everyone doing? Are you bored yet? I’m keeping busy with edits and reading and crocheting for the most part, but yes I occasionally get bored. If you’re like me, you probably spend a lot of time doing online window shopping when you’re bored. You find all kinds of things you want but either can’t afford or would never actually buy for yourself for whatever reason (my reason is that I’m cheap and don’t go anywhere where I need the stuff I want). Then, when you’re actually looking to buy stuff, you can never find anything you want. Or is that just me? Just me. Okay then. Anyway, I thought I’d share some of the stuff I’ve been looking at lately.
So, here are five things that made me stop and consider buying them in no particular order.
1. Sailor Saturn Silence Glaive Hair Sticks. A friend sent me the link to these because she knows I adore all things Sailor Saturn. And my first instinct was “WANT!” But then I talked myself out of it for a couple of reasons: a) hair sticks and I don’t get along because my seat gets in the way of any cute hairstyles, and b) there’s no way in hell I’m paying $15 for two cheap mass produced metal sticks.
2. Cherry Blossom Unicorno. Another item sent by the same friend because she thinks they’re adorable and knew I would too. And they are! But it’s one of those surprise bag things where you order it and they send you whichever one they grab first. I guess it’s cool for kids, but I’d rather just order the ones I want (Sakurako and Yoshino). So that’s a turn off. Plus, I have too many toys and figurines and junk as it is.
3. Rainbow Star Converse. Honestly, when I came across these, they were already sold out and I haven’t checked to see if I can find them elsewhere. Which is good because I would’ve bought them without a second thought. I don’t need new shoes and my black Cons are only a year old, but these are adorable and if I find them for a reasonable price, I’m getting them.
Update: It’s been 2 hours since I wrote this post (it hasn’t even gone live), but I found the shoes at Famous Footwear and bought them.
4. Trinity top in sea glass. I look at clothes a lot but rarely buy them. This is one of those things I would probably get if we still went to Scarborough Faire every year, so I’d have something cute to wear. But cute things are rarely flattering on me since I have to buy stuff larger than my actual size just to get it on. And altering clothes is expensive. Wearing cute stuff is annoyingly difficult, so I usually avoid it nowadays. I can still look, though.
5. Heart of Cthulhu and Kraken necklaces. I couldn’t decide which one I liked better, so I put them both here since they’re both necklaces from the same company. It’s extremely rare for me to buy myself jewelry because I don’t wear it that much and I already have a bunch of necklaces. If I could remember my ring size, I’d be more likely to buy those since I wear one all of the time. But I’m cheap and jewelry is expensive, so I’d rather buy three or four or more books for the price of one necklace.
There are some of my window shopping ideas. Show me some of the stuff you’ve looked at lately. I know a lot of my friends do this. You know who you are. What are some things you’ve been eying but refuse to buy? As always, feel free to share your thoughts and comments here or on my social media pages!