Hi there! So, you remember that post I made about three months ago, Murphy’s Law for Cripples? Well, it’s been three months and nine visits later, and things still aren’t fixed. They replaced the lift pump about a month after everything started (far too long), so that’s been working, but the new one is already clicking and catching and acting like it’s going to go out soon which doesn’t instill much confidence in the product. But hey, at least they spelled “front” right this time!
The chair batteries, on the other hand, are still messing up, though not quite as bad as they were. For the first month, month and a half, I couldn’t leave my room, let alone the house, because the batteries were dying so fast that I had to keep my vent plugged into the wall instead of the chair. Originally, the excuse was that the company was using cheap batteries which they tried me on twice. Batteries they KNOW don’t support a chair with additional functions (lay-back, vent support, etc.), but they use them to save money and because they have them in stock instead of having to order them. But if you’re sending guys out to change them every couple of months instead of every couple of years, how is that saving anything?
Eventually, they got the “good” batteries for me, but they still drained super fast. Another check in revealed that the guy had wired my vent to them wrong (an honest mistake that he owned up to right away, so no bad feelings there). The batteries were STILL draining, albeit not as fast, but faster than they’re supposed to, so they replaced them again figuring some of the cells had been damaged from the miswired vent. Guess what happened? Yup, the newest set are draining again! But a least I can leave the house. I did have to skip a few events because of the whole debacle though, so that didn’t make me very happy.
Anyway, this past week they decided to take the chair into the shop to tear it down so they could search for the real problem. What did this mean for me? Well, since my chair is one of the few things I don’t have a backup for (no place to store one), it meant that I stayed up all night on Thursday, slept all day Friday until they brought it back (they picked it up around nine, nine-thirty that morning and brought it back around six-thirty), then stayed up all Friday night and Saturday until around ten pm. I haven’t done that crap since I was in my early twenties. Needless to say, I am not twenty anymore. But now, the problem is supposedly my motors. They’re going out which is drawing more power from my batteries than usual. Who knows how long it’ll take to get those changed out. Hopefully not another three months.
But then, I woke up on Sunday, got on Facebook, and realized all my problems were insignificant.