Hello, hello! Welcome to another installment of my impromptu Q&A session. This week’s topic is brought to you by my friend and fellow Stonecoaster, Veda Boyd Jones. She chose number 28, which is “Post five things that make you laugh out loud.” Only five? Okay, I’ll see what I can come up with. I guess the first thing people should be aware of is that my sense of humor isn’t exactly nice. If you’ve ever seen the following diagram (or something similar) floating around social media sites, then you know what I mean.
1. Mildly inappropriate humor. Fart jokes, sexual innuendo, that kind of stuff. Because, yes, I am an immature fifteen year old boy at heart. I must stifle giggles when people talk about keeping abreast of things (haha… I said “breast”). I adore the candied pecan seller at Scarborough Faire who encourages women and men alike to put his nuts in their mouths. I have a filthy mind. Sorry, not sorry.
2. Stupid puns and joke memes. One of my favorite memes is the three panel picture of the dog with his chew toy who tells the stupidest punny jokes ever (see below). The tearable puns are usually amusing as well. And I must admit that some of my friends are kept around in part because of their ability to pun. You know who you are.
3. Old cartoons. Things like the Animaniacs and even Disney movies. Mostly because they have a tendency to combine all of the things my inner immature fifteen year old loves. Plus, I’m old enough to catch the jokes, now. I laughed when I was a kid, but I do so even more nowadays.
4. One of my favorite things to do is show off my favorite bands and their beautiful members. The reactions of people who find out that the gorgeous women are actually men are hilarious. Whether it’s a hanging jaw or some kind of denial, I always get a good laugh out of it. My favorite reactions come after guys run their mouths about the attractive ladies, though. Protest all you want, that person is still a man. Okay, maybe I’m a little cruel.
5. Most horror movies. Despite my love of reading horror, I don’t watch many scary movies. This is mostly because I find them more funny than anything. I’m all like “Yes! Run up the stairs instead of out the door! Go greet the axe murderer!” I just find the stupidity of the characters amusing as all get out. Don’t tell me you’ve never laughed when the cheerleader got it. I don’t believe you.
So, now you know the kinds of things that I find amusing (or at least some of them). What about you? Is my sense of humor too immature? Or are you right there with me? Please, feel free to send me your own lists! I enjoy a good laugh.