Hello, hello! It’s Thanksgiving week! My favorite holiday ever, as if you didn’t know. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday and gets to spend time with their loved ones and eats tons of goodies. Also, instead of shopping Thursday night and Friday, I encourage you to stay at home and binge-watch Netflix (Gilmore Girls!) or play games or something fun. Anyway, in keeping with last week’s light and fun food related post, I thought I would devote this one to desserts. This has nothing to do with Thanksgiving per se, it’s just my top five favorite desserts, along with an honorable mention.
1. Creme brulee. If there’s creme brulee on the menu, you can pretty much guess what I’m getting. There’s just something about the creamy goodness underneath the crackly crunchy coating that speaks to my soul. It would take something super weird that I’ve never had before (because I like trying new things even more than I like creme brulee) to beckon me away from this particular dish of delish.
2. Tiramisu. Ladyfingers and chocolate and coffee and creamy marscapone custard deliciousness and (depending on the recipe) booze. What’s not to love? The real question, though, is whether I like tiramisu because I like boozy coffee or if it’s the other way around. I guess we’ll never know.
3. Flan. In the process of making this list, I have just realized that I have a weird attraction to custardy desserts. I have no idea where it came from. I’m not complaining, nor am I apologizing. Flan is special, though. It combines my love of creaminess with my love of caramel sauce, so it gets bonus points for that.
4. Pie. I admit it. I like pie more than cake. The problem is, I can’t pick just one kind. Blueberry crumble, key lime, peanut butter, chocolate creme, pecan. The list goes on and on. There are a few exceptions, like coconut, pumpkin (yeah, I said it), sweet potato, or anything banana, but otherwise, as long as I’m not allergic to it, I will probably like it in a pie.
5. Red velvet cake. If we’re talking regular old cake, I lean more toward red velvet. Maybe it’s the color, maybe it’s the cream cheese frosting, it’s just so delicious. I could totally go for a piece right now.
Honorable Mention. Cheesecake. There’s just no way to make a list of favorite desserts without at least thinking of cheesecake. I’d never turn a slice down even though I may prefer other things.
What about you? What’re your favorite desserts? Is there a particular dessert you’re looking forward to on Thanksgiving? Feel free to share your lists or thoughts here or on my social media pages. Thank you for reading! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
See you next week for my 100th post.