Howdy, howdy! I’ve been trying to set up some travel plans for the last few months (I won’t bore you with stories of frustration and annoyance at people who take forever to answer questions) for a trip back to Maine this summer. It got me thinking of all the places I want to/wish I could travel to eventually. So, I thought I’d share a list of five travel destinations I wouldn’t mind hitting at some point in my life.
1. California. Yeah, it’s a big place and I should probably narrow things down a bit, but I’d like to see a lot of different places there. I wouldn’t mind doing touristy things (Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, seeing the redwoods, etc.). Mainly, I’d go to visit one of my friends, but I’d also want to go to San Francisco and San Diego and some other places. But as long as I got to see my friend and the Pacific, I’d be happy.
2. Washington state. Again, my main objective would be visiting a friend, but I’ve heard that it’s a beautiful state to explore. The EMP Museum looks like fun. I wouldn’t mind checking out the national parks if they have some cripple friendly trails. It pretty much just seems like a neat place to visit.
3. Hawaii. Isn’t this on pretty much every American’s vacation list? It would take a cruise to get me there, but it would be totally worth it. Hawaii is one of those “maybe one day when I’m rich and can afford extravagant things” trips. Who doesn’t want to see the beautiful beaches and waterfalls and to experience island life? One day I will get there.
4. The United Kingdom (because I can’t pick just one of the countries). Actually, I had a hard time picking between here and Germany and Italy and pretty much everywhere in Europe. Honestly, I don’t really know where the desire to travel that way came from, so I have no idea what all I’d do there. It’s just one of those random things I fantasize about. However, I do understand a vacation that far away is a dream that probably won’t come true. At least not until I can afford a long, slow boat ride.
5. Japan. If you know me at all, you knew this was coming. I’d love to go see the sakura (cherry blossoms) bloom. I’ve heard conflicting reports on Japan’s overall accessibility, but friends who have been recently or actually live there report that the big cities have improved their accommodations, which gives me hope. I know a visit here is a long shot, but I refuse to admit it’ll never happen! がんばります！
So, these are just a few of the places I eventually want to visit, no matter how unlikely. A girl can dream, right? What about you? Where have you always wanted to go? Is there a special reason? As always, feel free to share your thoughts here or on any of my social media pages!