Howdy, howdy! How is everyone doing this week? November is speeding along, much like the rest of this year. I have no idea where the time went. I’m still stuck in April or May. Is it just me? Yeah? Okay then. But Thanksgiving is only eight days away, so I thought it would be a good time to make a list of things I’m thankful for this year. I know I should probably do this closer to Thanksgiving, but next week is my book review post. Anyway, in no particular order, here are five things I’m thankful for this year.
1. Dad. I know it’s sappy, but I am thankful for him. He does everything for me. Even the gross stuff no one wants to know about. And I don’t say thanks enough. Mostly because I don’t really know how to express myself well (my social skills suck, even with family). But I know he’s reading this. So, you are appreciated. Even if you’re a dick sometimes. That’s as sappy as I get.
2. Tunisian/Afghan crochet hooks. They’re super long and designed for a special type of crochet, but I just use them for regular crochet so far. My discovery of these earlier this year has allowed me to be creative in a whole new way. And they prove my hands can still do cool things if I set my mind to it. I’m not entirely useless after all!
3. NetGalley. I’m not usually thankful for specific websites, but I admit that this one is pretty cool. I’ve been able to read a bunch of books that I probably wouldn’t have tried otherwise. I even found a couple of authors that I’m still following. Plus, it gives me something to blog about each month, which is super helpful.
4. Friends. Again, sappy. But it’s true. Especially the ones who randomly check in on me even when I’m in full hermit mode and being a shit friend myself. You know who you are. You’re all appreciated. And sorry I am such a hermit. I try not to be, but it never works out.
5. The Interwebz. It’s where all my friends live. But really, because it simultaneously lets me stalk people and keep up with their lives while helping limit my need to use the phone or leave the house. Need to activate that card? Do it online! Want to buy something? There’s a website for that. It’s basically an introvert’s dream. But never read the comments.
What about you? What are you thankful for this year? It can be small or large. Serious or funny. Or anything in between. Feel free to share your lists and thoughts here or on my social media pages!