Howdy, howdy! It’s mid-March, and as many of you know, I’ve been sick most of the year thus far. I don’t want to jinx it, so I won’t say that I’m definitely better, but I think I’m on the right track. Anyway, I thought I would take this week’s post easy and revise my goals for the year since everything is screwed up. I’ll try to post something writerly or personal or worth reading next week. Suggestions for topics or questions are always welcome. For now, let’s get to it.
So, yeah. Goals: revised.
1. Finish revising LR1. I was hoping to get this done by early April, but that’s not happening. All I’ve managed to do with this story is figure out I forgot to swap some scenes around as I was going through it. So, I’m hoping I can get it done by late June or early July. At least I’ll know where to start when I can dig back into this one!
2. Begin revising DS1. I was hoping to get this novel polished up by the end of the year, but with all the work it needs, that’s a tall order. I’ll be happy if I can get through a second draft and end up with something vaguely readable by the end of the year. There’s always next year if I need more time.
3. Submit short stories/flash pieces (at least 2 subs a week). I admit that I fell a few weeks behind on this while I was sick, but I did take a day to send a bunch out in order to catch up. Now, I’m back to doing it regularly, so this is one goal that gets to stay the same.
4. Write 5 short stories/flash pieces. I highly doubt I’ll get the story I wanted to get done by the end of March finished. However, I still believe that five new short pieces is a reasonable goal. It’s less than one per month. Maybe I’ll also add some poetry, but I can decide that later.
5. Shop LR around to agents. Still hoping to meet this goal. If I can get it revised by July, I don’t see why this isn’t something I could accomplish. It’s not like I’m saying I want to get it published or anything. That’s more of a five year plan goal.
6. Read 25 books. This was originally 30 books, but I’ve lost a lot of time and don’t know if I can make it up. I’m a slow reader. But I’ve still got a long list of to-be-read books!
I should also throw it out there that I need to socialize more and write to people and take care of my health. Hopefully, I can do all that plus get to everything on my list. What about you? Do you have any goals you need to rework this year? Feel free to comment here or on my social media pages!