Hello, hello! How is February going for everyone? Everything is pretty good here. It’s almost time for our visitor! Dad’s been cleaning and I’ve been staying out of the way. I’ve already written next week’s post and the following week will be another book review, so you’ll have to wait until March to read about this weekend’s exploits. For today, I have nothing writerly to ramble about, so I thought I would try this little challenge that’s been popping up in my Facebook feed. It asks you to name 5 TV series someone should watch in order to get a better grasp of who you are. A movie version was floating around a year or two ago, but I avoided it because I don’t watch enough movies. TV shows, on the other hand, I can do.
In no particular order, here are some shows that will help you figure me out a little. Maybe. Kind of. Probably not.
1. Firefly. Of course. I’m pretty sure everyone knows of my love for this show by now. I relate a little bit to all of the characters one way or another. And then there’s the weird sense of humor. It’s one of those shows where I can’t exactly put my finger on a specific reason I’m drawn to it, but as a whole it just works for me.
2. Ouran High School Host Club. I wasn’t actually going to add this one because it seems so random, but I rewatched the first episode and there’s absolutely no denying it. This show explains so much about me. You’ve got Haruhi and her attitude towards gender and the fact that she just wants a quiet place to do her work. Then there’s Kyoya and his whole mother hen hidden behind apathy act. And the twins! They remind me every time I think about them that I am creepy and okay with it. I could go on about the whole series, but I won’t put you through that.
3. Sailor Moon. I watched this as a kid, so it probably has a lot to do with the way I am. As far as the characters I relate to the most, Mercury and Saturn. Mercury because of her dedication to learning and all that. Saturn because she was a sickly girl with the power to destroy worlds. Who doesn’t want that as a kid? Just me? Okay, then. And then there are a bunch of questionable things that I embraced from that show that I really don’t need to bore you with.
4. Dead Like Me. Does anyone else even remember this show? If not, you should go watch it whether you learn anything about me or not. The snark alone is worth it. There’s also the whole death thing. And no, I don’t just like it because I’m sarcastic and have a thing for weird takes on death. Maybe. Fine. That’s why.
5. Midsomer Murders. There’s snark, death, and lots of creepy psychological crap going on, especially in earlier seasons. You’ll never know if it’s because I’m a creepy person or if it’s just because I have an interest in psychological crap. And murder mysteries are fun.
So, there are 5 TV series you can watch and see if you gain any insight into me. What about you? What are some TV shows I could watch to get to know you better? As always, feel free to leave your thoughts and comments here or on my social media pages!