Hello, hello! It’s the last month of 2019 and I haven’t really accomplished much the last few months. I’m not really looking to do much this month either. Shame on me, I know. But it’s true. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m not going to be able to shake the writing blahs any time soon. But I still have some goals that I intend to work on. And I haven’t shared a goal post in a while, so that’s what I’m doing now. Sorry that I have nothing better to ramble about.
So, here are those goals in no particular order:
1. Keep submitting to two places each week. I fell behind on this when I was sick earlier this year, but I caught up and have no plans to give up now. I’ve gathered a lot of rejections, mostly form, but with some really nice personal ones sprinkled throughout. You know about the acceptances if you stalk me at all. It’s been a really good year submission-wise.
2. Read 2 more books. I know I originally wanted to read 30 books this year, but I think I’m going to top out around 27. I just finished number 25. If I hadn’t gotten sick, I probably could’ve squeezed in a few extra. But honestly, I’ll be happy if I only get through 26.
3. Crocheting. I was stupid and chose a big ambitious project as a newbie. There’s no way I’m finishing it this year, but I want to get a big chunk of it done, so in January I can switch my main focus back to writing like I should’ve done a long time ago. I have to remind myself that crocheting is just supposed to be a hobby.
4. Being more social. I went to SMU’s Celebration of Lights with Dad and some friends. We even have another holiday thing planned with them. But I also really need to text and Facebook message some people because I have been hermitting really bad. Like worse than usual. I blame the crochet because it doesn’t involve the computer, so I can’t multitask when I’m doing it. But really, I’m just enjoying my own company.
5. Get in a festive mood. It’s hard. I can’t get into Christmas music. I’m not in the mood to look at lights. I thought going to SMU’s thing would help, but it didn’t do much for me. Maybe the holiday party will help. Or maybe I’m just a Grinch. But I have eggnog, so I’m a happy Grinch.
What about you? Do you have any December goals? Are you already filled with the holiday spirit or are you struggling too? As always, feel free to share your thoughts and comments here or on my social media pages!