Howdy, howdy! How’s everyone doing today? I’m still struggling with productivity and all of that. And I have no idea what to ramble about in these posts, since I can’t complain about current writing problems. Can’t have problems if you’re avoiding it. But, since it’s November, I guess I should write about things I’m thankful for. Thanksgiving is next week, but so is my book review post. It’s now or never, I guess. I know most people announce one thing a day for the entire month, but I’m too lazy for that. So, in no particular order, here are thirty things I’m thankful for at the moment.
1. Dad. Of course he starts off the list. This should be no surprise to anyone. He takes care of me, annoys me, and cooks me good food. What else do I need?
2. Little sis (Jenae). Chosen family is the best. You’re always there to listen and commiserate and just be random together. Love you, sis.
3. Danielle. For much the same reasons as Jen. Hugs!
4. Stonecoasters. We might not talk often, but they’re there when I need them.
5. Old Interwebz (Yahoo chat) friends. I still can’t believe I’ve known most of you like 15 years and you still keep me around. You’re weirdos and I love it.
6. Borden’s eggnog. Because eggnog. What else is there to explain?
7. Ghirardelli peppermint bark. See above.
8. Books. I just like reading, but I can also say they’re for work and not be lying. They don’t even have to be boring books. I can read all the genres and say I’m studying tropes and character development and all that jazz.
9. Medical technology. Wheelchairs and ventilators and patient lifts and suctions and pretty much everything that makes my life possible. They’re all great. It’s a pain in the ass to get them through the government (or absurdly expensive out of pocket), but life would suck without them.
10. Music. What would life be without it?
11. Anime. I liked it before it was cool.
12. X-men. Just heard Disney’s rebooting the ’90s cartoon and I’m cautiously excited. If it comes to fruition, I guess we have to get Disney+ in 2023.
13. Bats. They’re adorable.
14. Wombats. They’re adorable and poop cubes.
15. Octopuses. They’re just awesome in general.
16. Let’s make this easy and say most animals. I just like animals.
17. Computers. I wouldn’t have most of my friends without computers.
18. Grocery deliveries. Sure, it’s not ideal, especially when the packer doesn’t read your requests or has zero idea how to pick produce, but it’s made pandemic life easier. It means Dad doesn’t have to go to the store as often.
19. Doctor visits via webcam. I despise the trip to UT Southwestern, so these “telehealth” visits have been awesome. I don’t get to go to a restaurant afterwards, but with Covid, I don’t know if I’d want to stop anywhere anyway. I also like not having to get up early just to get there on time.
20. Pretty people. I know I’m not supposed to objectify people and all that, but whatever. I don’t harass people or make inappropriate comments to strangers. But I can still look. Cripples can be creepers too! I’m only creepy sometimes. I swear.
21. The fact that my friends accept my creepy side. You know who you are.
22. Spiked coffee. I haven’t had one in a while, but like knowing it’s an option.
23. British murder mysteries. They can be weird, but tend to be enjoyable.
24. All things rainbow. Contrary to popular opinion, my love of rainbow stuff has nothing to do with the LGBTQ+ scene (that’s just a happy bonus). I just like ridiculously colorful things.
25. Notebooks. I don’t use them, but love having them. It’s weird.
26. Boxes and baskets. Decorative storage. It’s another one of my weird likes because I don’t actually need them.
27. Cheese. That needs no explanation.
28. Pasta, bread, carbs. Again, no explanation needed.
29. Seafood. Actually, food in general.
30. That November only has 30 days, because I’m totally out of things I’m thankful for at the moment. I’m sure there are things hiding in the back of my brain, but they aren’t helping me out.
What are you thankful for? As always, feel free to share your thoughts or comments here or on my social media pages!