Howdy, howdy! Happy November! Is everyone getting ready for the holidays? They’ll be here before you know it. I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving and the month where everything is peppermint flavored. Are you looking forward to anything? Anyway, Dad and I recently went to a restaurant I reviewed a long time ago and it was kind of blah. So, I thought I would take the day to look back on past reviews and see if there is anything I need to update about them. Let’s just go in chronological order from the beginning.
1. The Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro. I honestly have no idea how this one is holding up since I haven’t been back to Maine recently. It’s still open according to Google, so if you’re in the area, check it out and let me know how it is.
2. Half Shells Oyster Bar & Grill. This place is still one of our favorites. We don’t get out that way as often as we’d like, but we still recommend it to anyone in the area who loves seafood.
3. Big Shucks Oyster Bar. This place is still the best when it comes to scallops. We haven’t gone recently (we’d rather go to Half Shells most of the time), but we still love it.
4. St. Pete’s Dancing Marlin. We haven’t been to any of the Deep Ellum restaurants in a long time because of all of the stuff that’s been going on (violence and the scooters of doom mostly), but we always enjoy St. Pete’s when we do go.
5. The Free Man Cajun Cafe. Same as St. Pete’s.
6. Real Mexican Tacos. It’s still our go-to taco place. We usually end up here once or twice a month since it’s so close. Say hi if you drop in and we’re there!
7. The Mansion Restaurant. We haven’t been back and have no plans to go back. It’s a wonderful experience, but not something that needs to be done every year. Splurge if you’re celebrating something big. Otherwise, there are less expensive places where you get more food.
8. Zenna. Everything has gone downhill here. The food is always disappointing and the service, while friendly, is always a little messed up. It’s not really a place I’d recommend anymore.
9. On the Lamb. They shut down a long time ago. I kind of miss them, but didn’t really expect them to make it.
10. Texas de Brazil. Still awesome. And it’s our new Thanksgiving tradition! Dad, our neighbor, and I already have our reservation for turkey day. So much yum.
11. Seafood Shack Mariscos. We’ve only been back a couple of times, but we enjoy it.
12. The Schooner Restaurant. Haven’t been back and don’t want to. Even if we were in the area, we wouldn’t go back.
13. Crispy ‘N’ Puffy Taquito. They are closed. It’s no surprise. But they blamed the city of Mesquite and its strict regulations regarding signs. It had nothing to do with awful food.
14. Trinity Hall Irish Pub. We’ve been back a couple of times and it’s still great. Go and enjoy!
15. Yoshi Shabu Shabu. We haven’t been back, so I don’t know how it holds up.
16. Fritzl’s Euro Grill. Still recommend it. Maybe we’ll make it back some time before Christmas.
17. Burger Style Cafe. Still go here every couple of weeks or so. It’s delicious and nearby, so what’s not to love?
There’s my update. Most of them are still good, a couple are closed, and one is meh. Life goes on and things change. What are some of your favorite places to eat? As always, feel free to share your thoughts and comments here or on my social media pages!